Jan 29, 2008

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!


Get this friends n readers. Our main tank is apparently coming back.

When our guild leader told me this last night I was floored … stunned … flabbergasted.

But yea, apparently she heard through the grapevine that we booted the raid leader who caused the drama and that since we’ve been doing really well. I haven’t talked with her yet so I guess I am only going on third party scuttlebutt here, but … interesting at any rate.

I think that while last night’s performance showed the entire raid that even a good tank can be replaced and we won’t suffer horribly, I won’t be sad to see her return. It means our progression can return to normal and with the tank who’s been subbing in I think we might be able to pull off a second Kara team sooner than we’d anticipated. So instead of looking down the road at Gruul’s in a month or two, we might be looking at it a bit sooner – if we can coordinate things appropriately.

But I have to say, I still have that little thought in the back of my mind and at the moment – it’s growing, not fading. She went to a guild I recommended her to, I gave her my endorsement and then she apparently traded accounts with a friend. Very quietly I had a chat with the guild leader over there. He had put her in charge of one of their Kara runs and when the “switch” happened I talked it over with him to let him know the person I recommended wasn’t the person he got. Now she’s coming back and ditching them?

I have mixed feelings on this. I’m concerned our drama factor will increase, I’m thrilled she’s coming back, I’m wondering what she’ll tell her other raid. Will my guild leader buddy hold this against me? Ugh, so many questions.

In a number of ways it might be best if she stuck it out there. I think she’d be happier. We closed the books on drama finally and the prospect of it returning doesn't excite me. Yes, I’m very happy we have our tank back, but after last night we know we can live without her too.

No offense to her, I really do like her and any good tank is worth their weight in gold, but I have to ask myself, is there a potential for the emo to return?

Time will tell. But the upside is - I get my friend back - so I guess I win one way in the end.

No comments: