Jan 24, 2008

Grinding to Hellfire

I hit 56 on my magus last night. Tiny little gnomes are fun to play. Not sure I’ll be taking anything else into raiding. I am enjoying the raids on my funter – (yea I said funter – that’s Fun+hunter – and I’m not a tard either) – but in truth, raiding is overrated. It’s fun with the right group, but there’s a ton of effort involved and it’s very time consuming. I’m planning on getting what I need to get on each toon as it approaches 70, tailoring my leveling experience so that each is essentially prepared to go nearly anywhere at a moment’s notice and then leave it at that.

The raid guild my bear is in lost yet another 2 people. Down to 24 now so we’ll have to wait and see if it stabilizes any time soon. The last to go was our main tank for KZ. She’s starting a diff kara group this week so adios darling and good luck! I know you’ll do really well for them.

I’m not in the least bit sad either. I’m happy for her and I have lost faith in our own group so if we can’t field a group this week I’m cool with that idea. That gives me more time to level my mage Osrik, anyway.

In the rush to gear up and run a raid, I’d completely forgotten how much fun I’d had leveling my alts. Yes, I know a lot of you are probably scratchin yer noggins right now but I have to admit – I do like the questing.

Sure Un’Goro is a pain, as is running all over hell and gone on stupid errands, but when you get those quests done, there’s a definite sense of accomplishment.

My current goal is to get Os to 58 and head him into the outlands. Once there I’ll backtrack and bring up my pally or my lock. I’d like to get 2 above 58 so I have some options when it comes to rested xp and instances.

Frankly – I‘d also love to be able to say I leveled 2 toons together. Sure it’ll take longer but I think it would be fun too.

My leveling buddy Cam hit 57 and is within striking dist of the Outlands. I’m sure she’ll hit it today or tomorrow. She’s outta rested XP tho so I think she’s thinking about parking Cam for a bit and working on alts as well. We cleared Un’Goro yesterday and have most of Winterspring and all of Silithius to do yet. Neither of us has even ventured up to WPL or EPL yet either so we have a lot of options open to us at the moment. Silithius is boring for me – I don’t mind Tanaris and the desert setting, but Sil is just – ugh. Maybe it’s the bugs.

I know a lot of people don’t like Winterspring either, but I do. Maybe that’s one of the effects of growing up on the tundra but the setting is fun and the quests are okay too.

WPL/EPL – I can take them or leave them. It’s nice to grind through a lot of stuff there. You can definitely get a lot done in a hurry with a partner, but it’s depressing – sorta like the high-end version of Duskwood. It’s a bit gloomy for me.

Oh, I suppose Azshara is left for us yet as well. That’s an odd place – sorta all out in the open. The colors are strange too. It’s nice if you wanna be left alone though, there usually aren’t too many others out that way so you can get a lot done if you stay focused, but my pref is Winterspring and prob WPL. We’ll see how long it takes me.

No comments: