Dec 18, 2007

Keeper of the Golden Toque

Greetings all,

This is little more than a short introduction.
I'm the Smelly Wet Bear - aka Agro to most of my guild, less desirable names are sometimes given but I'll never share those outside the den.

Given my geographic location out on the Tundra, the moniker 'polar bear' might've seemed more appropriate, but I know more than a few respectable bears that live in much more frigid zones so I leave that to them. Smelly & Wet because for reasons unknown our guild tends to greet character log ins with, "Something smells... oh, it's [Agro]!" Personally, I think it might be the fish I’ve been carrying around in my bag for a month.

One fine day I was browsing all things bear-related in my quest to get gear for end-game and I came across Big Bear Butt, also a fellow Tundran, who I discovered living in a den 'round a bend in the river from me. Well, as a rule we bears are friendly and sorta like helping each other out and BBB was no exception. Many thanks to him for his columns and several other useful resources such as Elitist Jerks. I’m a much better bear for having read through the wisdom of my forebears.

But it also sparked a desire to pass along what I’ve learned in playing and dealing with the emo that sometimes comes with teams, guilds and real life. I’m not the smartest bear in the woods but I do know my way around a bee hive and I’ve managed to make friends who are of a similar mindset. When an idea strikes me I let it roll around in the ole noggin a while, letting it bang up against a few non-essential brain cells, while I make up my mind about something. But after talkin it over with BBB a bit I realized that s
ometimes it's best to put your head down and charge through.

Thus was born the Smelly Wet Bear Blog. I am your host, Agro, keeper of the golden Toque. [I'll get to that later and it's of no relation to the Order of the Golden Toque.] and I welcome you to my musings. The intent of this is to share experiences in World of Warcraft, principally from a feral druid's point of view but all are welcome to the den. Troll-posters will be dealt with in the manner all bears deal with such nuisances.

No comments: