Jun 4, 2008

Neglected but not forgotten

I’ve been somewhat neglecting my blog as of late. Not through disinterest but merely due to an increasingly busy schedule. That and I have been focusing on a few in-game goals. Since I’m bored and have an hour to kill I’ll tell you about a couple of them.

I earned my epic flyer for my druid, not nearly as hard to do as I thought. And since I had the same question everyone is now asking me I’ll just tell you – I earned my money in two ways. Because my bags were always full, and my mail was insane, I finally dropped a 37 lowbie from guild and made a bank alt with him and a friend’s lowbie.

We bought ourselves a couple guild bank tabs and I started storing anything I thought would earn money at the AH. Packrat that I am I still have no room.

I had about 2500g – over the course of a few days. In addition, I have two 70s, so I started doing daily quests on each toon. With what I already had on hand, it took a week to get the needed amount.

I chose to make the expensive purchase for my druid for the simple reason that I mine with him, my hunter is a skinner. The epic flapper has made farming a far more pleasant experience now.

Other goals include leveling at least 2 more characters to 70 – currently 64 mage and 64 pally tank. I’ve been attuning a few alts for some of the raids we do and formalizing some of the raid leader tasks for our legacy raids.

Also there’s recently been a couple of people from a high-end raiding guild who are pug farming the first couple of mobpacks in Sunwell for loot, patterns etc. That’s given me a chance at a couple of nice epic gems for my gear.

I get the feeling WoW is in a kind of holding pattern. The scuttlebutt says the expansion will be out between late Oct and the end of the year so I figure I have time to work most of my remaining alts to 70 so I can chose the one I like the best to make the first run to 80. I’m guessing right now it’ll be a mage. I love tanking but the pew pew is irresistible and there are already enough T4/5 druids running around. We’ll see, 80 is still a long ways off and I’m not as fond of leveling now as I once was.

No comments: